martedì 12 settembre 2017

Prategiano and Poetry

The region where the Prategiano is located is well-known for its quietness and beautiful landscapes, so it's not surprising when artists come to Tuscany for an inspiration boost and a gust of fresh air. Be it by horseback riding, cycling or just relaxing on the terrace, being inspired by a stunning view.

Below, you can read a piece of work written by our guest Rapha Fucciolo whilst staying at the hotel, we hope you enjoy it as much as we did.


When The Sun Goes Down

The only sound I can hear is the leaves rustling on the trees around me as I watch the sun setting behind the mountains, leaning on the wooden rail like I’m trying to get as close as humanly possible to this majestic view, feeling the light breeze and the warmth of the last sun rays on my face.

All of a sudden, all this quietness lets in an overwhelming sense of loneliness. I’m not accustomed to being at peace, to having nothing bringing me down like a rock. It’s just not my nature.

“You better get used to it, bad boy.” She says as if reading my mind, leaning beside me, her elbow lightly touching mine, dissipating the dreadful feeling immediately.

She rolls two cigarettes and gives me one.

“Do you think it’s possible to get tired of this?” I ask nodding at the sun, halfway down already, leaving an orange strip between the blue sky and the green mountains.

“Do you really wanna find out?” She asks with a smile, letting the smoke out through her lips, being dragged away by the wind.

That’s a fucking good question. I ponder for a few seconds before answering. I don’t want it to end, but I also can’t stay too long in the same place. Perhaps it’s better to let it go at once than get too comfortable.

“No, I guess not.”

She smiles again and leans her head on my shoulder. We just stand here in silence, without uttering a single word, the only sound coming from the leaves rustling around us and the cigarettes burning between our fingers. Just patiently watching the blue-orange-green scenery fading to black.

For more information about the hotel, click here.
To read more of Rapha's work, click here.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento